Ever think of selling your home without a real estate agent in Appleton or the Fox Cities? Many people do! I’ve gone over the benefits of selling with an agent on this blog before, but I know that the reality is that many people want to go the For Sale By Owner route because of the following reasons:
- They are worried about paying commission to a real estate agent if their house is sold.
- They think that they can actually get a better offer by handling the negotiations themselves.
- They think it will actually be less hassle in the long run to FSBO than to go with an agent.
I’ll be the first to tell you - not all real estate agents are created equal! Like in any business, there are GREAT real estate agents, and there are just plain lousy ones. Being a real estate agent in Appleton and the Fox Cities for years, I can tell you some horror stories that people have had with agents that make them want to avoid the experience if possible. But I also know that the majority of realtors in Appleton, Green Bay, and the Fox Valley are very professional and take their jobs and reputations very seriously. (Especially the ones I work with :)
Remember, if you ARE considering hiring a real estate agent to help you sell your house in the Fox Cities, do the following:
- Interview several agents before you decide on one.
- Check out the internet and social media sites for honest feedback about agents.
- Make sure you know the terms of your agreement with your agent before the fact. It’s your home - stay engaged!
Okay, now back to the FSBO tips! Luckily for you, I’ve written a FREE EBOOK (free to Green Bay and Fox Cities residence) that will take you through exactly what you need to do to sell your house. “Now Jacci, why would you do that?” Because I know that working with an agent is not for everybody. For instance, some people I work with don’t even want to list the house - they just want to sell it for cash as quickly as possible. For all of you in the Green Bay or Fox Cities area that want to give it a go yourself, please feel free to download the ebook for free (a 97 dollar value!). Those of you outside the Green Bay or Fox Cities you can purchase this valuable information by clicking here.
The bottom line is, my philosophy is that real estate should be a win-win situation for everybody involved, and if I can help you achieve your goals to sell your home, I want to do that however I can!